History


Fu Jen Catholic University was first established in Beijing in 1925 at the order of Pope Pius XI. In 1962, it was re-established in Taiwan at the current location in New Taipei City. The Department of Economics was one of the first departments that was setup with the re-establishment of the University. In 1992, we established a Master program in economics. Over the past 60 years, the Department grew into a solid educational institute in the University. We have 500 undergraduate students, 20 graduate students, around 16 faculty members and 4 supporting staff in the Department. We have thousands of alumni graduated from our program and making their contribution to the Society.